Ironically it was Kevin Spacey in a career making role who once uttered the words “The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn’t exist.”
The following statements about a sitting President of the United States are not in dispute;
1) He is the subject of an ongoing counter intelligence investigation and has acted in ways previously unimaginable of the world’s most powerful man,
2) The majority of our citizenry strongly disapprove of the man himself, his agenda and his job performance,
3) There is credible evidence that he may not have been legitimately elected by and may not in fact be working for the American electorate,
4) Vladimir Putin, a former KGB agent who has never once prior acted to advance America’s best interest, invested numerous Russian resources to help Trump secure the Republican nomination and win the ensuing presidential election,
5) Trump has passed along classified information and otherwise placed our nation’s security at grave risk due to his wanton disregard for classified information, intelligence assessments and diplomacy,
6) He has politicized the Department of Justice, attacked private citizens and threatened political opponents and regularly denigrates our free press and intelligence agencies,
7) He openly uses presidential platform and powers to commit obstruction of justice and to profit off the office,
8) Whether the acts themselves are condoned is irrelevant. Domestic terrorists and white supremacists are compelled to act in the name of and in honor of Donald Trump. Martyr themselves and murder and maim victims for the causes espoused by this caravan criminals and corrupt enablers.
Each of these statements in an of itself present an unprecedented risk to our Republic. They demand a proactive and unconventional response.
Perhaps it is I who live in a twilight zone but why legitimize the message and provide the theater that comes along with a traditional state of the union. How do we allow an unvetted sycophant to appear before Congress and make an open mockery of our Justice Department?
Why do we continue to confirm the nominees of a man who is unqualified to nominate them? This shouldn’t be political. It defies logic. It’s understandable that Democrats do not want to be perceived as bad guys or unwilling to compromise but there are times when good leadership requires just that. The willingness to do something bold and unpopular.
Donald Trump doesn’t play by the rules. He is willing to make up a phony national emergency, endanger our troops, divide this nation, incite a race war, go to who knows what length really if it means he gets to claim victory. You can’t give him the opportunity.
The constitutional crisis is here! We can’t afford to wait for the coffee cup to shatter to realize Keyser Soze sat before us this whole time. We must take bold action. Consolidate and form a real opposition. Lead the people in daily protest from the steps of the capital. Shut down all government business until such time Donald Trump is brought to account and Democrats are permitted to complete investigations unimpeded